Employment Type: Full Time
Preferred Start Date: March 18, 2013
Vancouver Opera seeks an experienced telemarketing/telefunding professional to join its marketing team. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, and working closely with VO Ticket Centre, Marketing, and Development staff, the Telemarketing Manager is responsible for the management of Vancouver Opera’s telemarketing and telefunding callers and for the successful execution of all Vancouver Opera telephone campaigns.
- Setting and achieving sales goals
- Overseeing the operation of the call centre and telemarketing/telefunding callers on all aspects of recruitment, hiring, training, scheduling, coaching, motivation and discipline
- Preparing scripts for individual campaigns
- Planning, organizing, and managing the optimal use of sales leads
- Managing the calling schedule in order to maximize contact rates
- With the VO Ticket Centre, coordinating sales fulfillment to ensure excellent customer service
- Recording and reporting sales and caller results in an accurate, consistent, regular, timely manner
- Providing analysis and strategy on all campaigns, based on data
- At least three years’ experience as a telemarketer/telefunder in the arts
- Considerable experience as a team leader/manager
- Knowledge and skill in best practices of telemarketing, telefunding and customer service.
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills that inspire callers to achieve consistently high results individually and as a team;
- Strong organizational skills in planning and managing schedules;
- Strategic focus on how to utilize resources and opportunities to maximize results
- Exceptional oral, written and computer skills;
- Proven proficiency with data retrieval, reporting and analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook) and databases
- Knowledge of Tessitura would be an asset.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; generous benefits package provided.
Please send a letter and resume by mail or email to:
Director of Marketing
1945 McLean Drive
Vancouver, BC V5N 3J7
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We thank everyone who applies. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
The position may be offered before the deadline if the right candidate is identified.