The VO Blog has moved!

The VO Blog has moved!

Visit us at our new home!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

20 Questions with Etienne Dupuis

Etienne Dupuis will be singing Marcello the painter in our La Bohème. Here are 20 Questions with Etienne.



1. Guilty musical pleasure?
I NEVER feel guilty about music and/or pleasure!! Life is too short to feel guilty about it!

 
2. Where do you love to sing? 
Pretty much anywhere...  I can actually be pretty annoying with that!


3. What is your idea of earthly happiness?
Self-respect, and by extension, respect of our surroundings, of others, of differences, of uniqueness.  That's how we stop worrying, and happiness flows in!

 
 4. To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
Insecurity - we all are insecure, yet we still behave like we are alone in experiencing it.



 
5. Who are your favourite heroes/heroines of fiction?
I'm a hardcore fan of a series of French books about the Malaussène family written b y Daniel Pennac.  Benjamin Malaussène is one of the most amazing heroes: he is a born scapegoat!! :)

 
6. Who are your favourite characters in history?
The "unsung heroes"!  I love to meet people like that, who are genuine and giving in the shadows most of the time. 

 
7. Who are your favourite heroes/heroines in real life?
Euh... Isn't history supposed to be real??

 
8. Who is your favourite author? 
In French: Daniel Pennac, in English: I've always loved George R. R. Martin (even before the tv series).

 
9. Your favourite musician? 
I have tons! These days I particularly like Ryan Adams and Louis-Jean Cormier.

 
10. Your favourite composer?
Verdi... Those vocal lines he creates are just perfection!


11. What quality do you most admire in a person?
Sincerity, with his or herself especially.

 
12. Your favourite virtue?
Oh my god this is gonna the most boring answer ever: I like them all equally! That's why they are virtues!

 
13. Your favourite occupation?
Charming the ladies!! ;)

 
14. What did you want to be as a child?
An adult!

 
15. Your most marked characteristic? 
I should ask around... My guess is the fact that I get along with everyone (or almost).

16. What do you most value in your friends? 
The fact that they are "timeless"!

 
17. For what would you like to be remembered?  
I would love to be a pop "one-hit wonder"!! :)

 
18. What natural gift would you most like to possess?
Inhibition!!

 
19. What is your motto? 
If you want the world around you to change, start with yourself.

 
20. What non-opera song do you rock?
Hello, by Lionel Richie!

No comments: