• Read up on the opera in advance on the Vancouver Opera website. We have synopses, music clips, videos and interviews.. and a manga version of The Barber of Seville. Check it all out here.
• If you don't have time to explore the website, not to worry: you'll be given a house program at the theatre that includes a synopsis, history, notes on the production, and notes on the music.
|There is no dress code.|
• Remember: there's no dress code. Some people like to dress up, especially on opening night, but many people go casual.
• The Barber of Seville running time is just under 3 hours. The first act is 90 minutes, followed by a 25 minute intermission, then just about 55 mins for the rest of the show.
• For evening performances: Doors are at 6:15pm, the free Preview Talk starts at 6:30pm, and the show starts at 7:30pm.
• For the matinée: Doors are at 12:15pm, the free Preview Talk starts at 12:30pm, and the show starts at 1:30pm.
• The performance is at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre, which is on the corner of Hamilton and Georgia, downtown Vancouver. (NOT at the O'Brian Centre! You want to go downtown, not to East Van!) The closest Skytrain is Stadium-Chinatown. Here are some tips for driving and parking.
• Park under the BC Hydro building for $10! The lot opens at 6:00pm for evening performances. For the Sunday, March 25 matinee, the lot will open at 12:00pm. The lot is located at the corner of Homer and Dunsmuir Streets, 1 block from the theatre. Enter from Homer St. and identify yourself as a VO patron.
• Here are some options for pre-show and post-show dining.
Any other questions? Call our friendly Ticket Centre staff at 604-683-0222, or look for our Ambassadors at the theatre. Enjoy the show!