The VO Blog has moved!

The VO Blog has moved!

Visit us at our new home!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Poll results are in!

We asked, and you have spoken! Here are the results of our Favourite Duets poll.

TIED FOR 4TH PLACE:
Un Di, Felice, Eterea - Alfredo and Violetta, Act 1 of La traviata



Flower Duet
- Lakme and Mallika, Act 1 of Lakme





3RD PLACE:

Mir Ist Die Ehre Widerfahren 
- Octavian and Sophie, Act 11 of Der Rosenkavalier



2ND PLACE:

O soave fanviulla 
- Mimi and Rodolfo, Act 1 of La boheme



AND THE WINNER IS.....

Au fond du temple saint 
- Nadir and Zurga, Act 1 of The Pearl Fishers 


Other honourable mentions, as selected by VO Blog readers:

"The winner of this insufficient list is Strauss." - Thomas

 "At the top of my list is Siegmund and Sieglinde's love duet at the end of Act 1 in Die Walkure. The beutifully written music of Tristan und Isolde in Act 2 (apparently this is the longest love duet ever written)but, please don't get me wrong and don't assume I only like Wagnerian music. I also like "sugar coated" music (Puccini referred to his music as sugar coated). I love Cio Cio San and Pinkerton love duet at the end of Act 1 in Madama Butterfly. I also love Lucia and Edgardo Act 1 love duet in Lucia Di Lammermoor." - Anonymous

"I'll cast my vote for Sull'Aria from Act III of The Marriage of Figaro" - Uncle Fred

Thanks, everyone, for participating!

Have more ideas for polls? Send 'em in!

No comments: