What do Elvis, Socrates and Willy Wonka have in common? They've all influenced baritone James Westman in some way! Before you come and hear James perform one of his signature roles in La Traviata, take a minute to learn a bit about him as he answers 20 Questions.
1. Guilty musical pleasure? Cuban music to escape with and cook to (figure out my definition of cookin'!!) Jim Reeves (what a voice!) and Eminem - a modern day Shakespeare!
2. Where do you love to sing?
On the home heritage farm at the back of the bush.
3. What is your idea of earthly happiness?
Watching my boys play hockey or listen to them play violin and cello!
4. To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
That's a secret...but a well enjoyed one at that!
5. Who are your favourite heroes/heroines of fiction?
6. Who are your favourite characters in history?
Albert Einstein for his mind, Gandhi for his patience, and Socrates, the greatest teacher.
7. Who are your favourite heroes/heroines in real life?
8. Who is your favourite author?
Tolstoy, Shakespeare, and Melville
9. Your favourite musician?
10. Your favourite composer?
11. What quality do you most admire in a person?
12. Your favourite virtue?
13. Your favourite occupation?
To have a successful chocolate store - just like Willy Wonka!
14. What did you want to be as a child?
Hockey player. No - hockey superstar!
15. Your most marked characteristic?
16. What do you most value in your friends?
17. For what would you like to be remembered?
I gave society the best of me and the most of me!
18. What natural gift would you most like to possess?
Senior division body builder champion! (Ha, good luck!)
19. What is your motto?
Life is too short - live each day like it is your last!
20. What non-opera song do you rock?
All Elvis tunes! Thang ya very much!!