When he's not breaking hearts with his stunning tenor voice, David Pomeroy (Alfredo in our upcoming La Traviata) can be found rocking out to Queen and crafting delicious meals on the barbecue. Find out more about David in today's 20 Questions.
1. Guilty musical pleasure?
Heavy metal and folk music. A little Iron Maiden with a sprinkling of Stan Rogers.
2. Where do you love to sing?
Vancouver Opera, The Metropolitan Opera, Canadian Opera Company and karaoke in my billiards room.
3. What is your idea of earthly happiness?
Being at home in the summer with my wife, daughter, dog and the barbecue sizzling.
4. To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
I have a real love of food and wine and have a difficult time taming the temptations.
5. Who are your favourite heroes/heroines of fiction?
Rocky, Josephine Marks, Superman, Wonder Woman, Indiana Jones, Jean Valjean, Robert Langdon.
6. Who are your favourite characters in history?
Gandhi, Jesus, Mother Theresa, Nelson Mandela, Rosa Parks….
7. Who are your favourite heroes/heroines in real life?
My grandfather, Dr. Ignatius Aloysius Rumboldt.
8. Who is your favourite author? Shakespeare, Dickens, Rowling, Tolkien, Dan Brown, Stephen King...
9. Your favourite musician?
Jon Vickers, Franco Corelli, Maria Callas, James Levine, Glenn Gould, Stan Rogers, Barenboim, Joni Mitchell, James Taylor, Billy Joel, Joshua Bell, Sinatra, Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Yngwie Malmsteen, Christopher Parkening, Freddie Mercury……
10. Your favourite composer?
Verdi, Puccini, Sondheim, Bernstein, Rogers, Chopin, Wagner…….
11. What quality do you most admire in a person?
12. Your favourite virtue?
Honesty and humour.
13. Your favourite occupation?
I've only ever been a musician but in my next life I'll be a chef.
14. What did you want to be as a child?
Rock star. And all my dreams came true! Ha ha.
15. Your most marked characteristic?
16. What do you most value in your friends?
17. For what would you like to be remembered?
For my love and contribution to my family and the arts.
18. What natural gift would you most like to possess?
I would love to be a great athlete or dancer. Watching either at a professional level is inspiring.
19. What is your motto?
Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone.
20. What non-opera song do you rock?
Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody.